February 07, 2013

Spring Break Essentials- Clothing

With blizzards and below zero temperatures hitting Michigan for the past couple of weeks there is no question that Spring Break is on my brain. All I can think about lately is laying on the beach with oversized sunglasses blocking out the sun, a floral ruffled bikini on and an umbrella drink in my hand. While most of Spring Break is spent in teeny tiny bikinis, there are times where you have to put on actual clothes to go out into public. I'm talking clubs, restaurants and shopping of course. While "less is more" is the motto of the week, here are some of this seasons hottest trends for when you want to look Spring Break ready.


Your first essential for Spring Break is neon colored t-shirts. Nothing, and I mean nothing will make you look more tan than neon colors. These v-necks from American Eagle come in the brightest colors and are perfect for those lazy beach days.


Neon colored button downs are perfect for those days where you want to look like you're put together without all the hassle of putting yourself together. This button down from American Eagle would look amazing for an afternoon of strolling around the touristy shops.



Speaking of neon colored everything, white shorts are the perfect balance for all your crazy colored tops. These make your legs look long, lean and tan while staying simple and sending the focus up top. This pair from Hollister will go with any top you pack.


Colored jeans are here to stay and I couldn't be more excited. For those cooler nights when you're heading to dinner or the bar, try a pair of neon coral skinnies and a simple white top for maximum appeal. Throw on some long gold necklaces and you'll be beach chic in no time. These are from Forever 21.


I have been obsessed with this outfit since the first time I laid my eyes on it. Even though the style of the pieces are simple, the dramatic colors paired together make this outfit bold and fun. I would wear this to a late lunch oceanside or walking around an outside mall. You can get the skirt from Lulus.


Don't forget your footwear. These sandals from Hollister will go with any of the above outfits and are easy to throw off for those spontaneous trips into the ocean.


I know I said this post was for those times when it isn't acceptable to wear swimwear, but how can you not fall in love with this mint fringe bikini from Forever 21? I know I couldn't resist and bought it as soon as I found it.

Going anywhere for Spring Break? Tell me your plans in the comments below and what your Spring Break essentials are. With all the new neon colored clothing being released and this Michigan weather, I just may never come back.

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment